Place

Every destination in Surakarta city

Surakarta’s Village Hall

Public space that dedicated to the society, to increasing public interest in developing their creativity.

Keprabon Village Hall

Keprabon Village Hall provides a main facilities to support creative activities such as sets of gamelan equipment and complete performances. And the Standard facilities that are being provided such as Internet, computer, library, prayer room, parking, disabled access, breastfeeding, canteen, air conditioning, toilet, other facilities. The main activities that will be held here are gamelan music creations and had participated in the International Gamelan Festival, and were supported by groups, communities, or the artist such as the Keprabon Gamelan Group.

Banyuanyar Village Hall

Banyuanyar Urban Village Hall provides a main facilities to support creative activities such as discussion rooms, LCD projectors, dance equipment. And the standard facilities that are being provided such as internet, library, prayer room, parking lot, disabled access, breastfeeding, toilet. The main activities that will be held here are such as traditional dance creations, contemporary dance creations, Banyuanyar Village Hall supported by groups, communities or the artist itself such as  Tentara Manunggal memangunan Desa (TTMD) Banyuanyar, Solo Batik Carnival Foundation.

Have Fun At Solo Zoo, Jurug Animal Park.

Solo Zoo or Taru Jurug Animal Park (TSTJ) has a collection of 63 species of animals. Dozens of species of animals that consists of 298 fauna that occupy a land area of 13.9 hectares. Entrance fee is Rp12.000 from Monday to Friday and Rp15.000 on weekends. Based on historical records, Solo Zoo is a city park located on the banks of Bengawan Solo River. The collection of animals in it, formerly located in Taman Sriwedari Complex, in the city center.

In that time, Sriwedari still named Bonrojo aka The King Garden built by Paku Buwono X in the 1870s. Then in 1939, Sri Susuhunan Pakubuwana X died and the Bonrojo Zoo became less well preserved. Finally, in 1986, Solo City Government took the initiative to take over the zoo to be more well groomed and move it to where it is today.

This park is located at Jalan Ir. Sutami No.40, Kentingan, Jebres or precisely next to Sebelas Maret University Campus (UNS). After passing through the main entrance, visitors are shortly greeted by the presence of elephant enclosure. Next, to it, there is a birdcage containing a variety of colorful birds. Some of them are of critical status or their extinction is threatened.

A stone’s throw from it, visitors can shift to bear cages, tigers, monkeys, and crocodiles. Far behind this area, there is the cage of camels. These Camels can be used as a ride on weekends. In addition to the camel cage, there are bulls, deer, horses, and ground kangaroos. The animals are located in one complex.

Walking a little way back, there are some cages of the orangutan. Around the cages of orangutans, there are smaller sized enclosures whose inhabitants of various types of primates. Spending time in Solo Zoo won’t make you tiring because of so many trees that overshadow this wildlife park. A number of food vendors also ready if visitors feel tired or hungry.

Solo Icon, Soekarno Statue At Manahan Stadium

The seven-meter-high Soekarno statue rises at the beginning of Adisucipto Solo, mid-July 2018. Surrounded by an oval fountain, the statue was built right in front of the entrance to Manahan Stadium. Without a wall as a base, the statue of Soekarno itself is made of bronze with a height of three meters and a width of 1,2 meters. Soekarno in the statue was described as reading. It is said that the meaning of telling the Proclamator’s living fragments when reading literature and exploring knowledge before forming Pancasila.

In addition, the symbol of Soekarno Reading has a very broad meaning. By reading, it can open window of the world. Not only reading in sheets of books but also reading the situation, environment and what is around. Then, be more vigilant and aware of what will happen.

The area that called the Manahan Plaza is expected to become a new icon of Solo City. A brand-new public space from the Solo City Government for its citizens. This plaza looks like the gate enters the pride of the Bengawan City stadium area. With a capacity of 25,000 spectators, Manahan Stadium is the first stadium in Indonesia to host the largest disable sports event in Southeast Asia ASEAN Paragames in 2011.

The stadium was inaugurated on February 21, 1998, by the President of the Republic of Indonesia then, Suharto. About ten years later, the stadium underwent a major renovation after previously holding the title of a flood subscription. Dactylon Cynodon grass (Bermuda grass) is imported from Batam to be planted in the Manahan stadium field. While the field drainage construction consisting of pipes and sand filter cloth comes from neighboring countries, Malaysia. To cover the surface of the field, they used 1600 cubic of sand of Samas Beach in Yogyakarta which has little salt content. Besides the soccer field, the Gelora Manahan Complex also has tennis courts, baseball fields, motorbike circuits, bicycle racing (velodrome), volleyball courts, basketball court, badminton area, table tennis rooms, billiard rooms and multipurpose gymnasium.

Learn About Keris in Keris Museum

Thousands of keris fill four-story buildings on Jl. Bhayangkara No, 2, Sriwedari, Solo. Thousands of keris that displayed is a collection of Keris Nusantara Museum which inaugurated the President of Indonesia, Joko Widodo (Jokowi). Moving into the room on the first floor of the museum, visitors can fill the guest list as an administration. In addition, there is also information boards of weapons distribution in the world.

Climb to the second floor named purwaning wacana, this place is the source of literacy about keris.  A number of keris grants are displayed side by side with information about keris existence in the community and understanding the keris anatomy. In each of the keris that displayed, the administrator put a description of the type, dhapur, pamor, tangguh, warangka, pendhok, mendak, carving, and the origin of the collection.

If described, dhapur is a variety of shapes or types of kris. Pamor means the definition of a certain image in the form of lines, curves, circles, stains, dots, or motifs on the surface of the keris blades. Tangguh means to estimate the time and forging the making of keris blades and style of manufacture. For this type of keris, the title is luk that has a straight and bener is for the curve keris. In addition, there are kadga and bethok that shaped like a knife.

Moving to the third floor, visitors can see diorama the making of keris at Borobudur Temple and Sukuh Temple. There is also a description of keris making series that offerings sesajen by the masters. The diorama is very real it seemed to make visitors watch keris manufacture actually.

Visitors also can see the statue of men dressed in Javanese customs that display etiquette and fashion when carrying kris. In each activity, keris is placed at different points. Last on the fourth floor into a storage place of keris artifacts. On this floor is also displayed keris grant Society of Indonesia for President Perkerisan Joko Widodo. The keris has five pieces as a symbol of Pancasila. His warangka is red as a noble marker.

Artwork Of Antiquities At Tumurun Private Museum

Tumurun Private Museum is located at Jalan Kebangkitan Nasional RT 02 RW 04, near Taman Sriwedari Solo. As the name suggests, this museum is not open to the public. But occasionally the museum opened a special schedule. Or the public can use the appointment system that is posted via the email address on the Tumurun Private Museum page. The uneasy access would be paid if the visitor has earned a granted visit permit.

There are 100 collections of artwork in the museum owned by the founder of the largest textile business giant Sri Rejeki Isman (Sritex) Group. Inside there are two parts that are on display in the former pool area. The upper floor is a masterwork that is closed to the public. At the bottom, there is some contemporary work and Instagramable.

The whole collection is a treasure trove of HM Lukminto’s personal collection. Some of the existing collections are born from the golden hands of Mochtar Apin, Henk Ngantung, Arie Smit, Antonio Blanco, Ahmad Sadali, Affandi and Lee Man Fong. In addition, there is also Emil Rizek’s work, But Muchtar, Srihadi Soedarsono, Hendra Gunawan, and S. Susjojono. Other artists are H. Widayat, Johan Rudolf Bonnet, Walter Spies, Willem Gerard Hofker, Sudjana Kerton, Basoeki Abdullah and Raden Saleh.

While at the bottom, art lovers can find Kei Imazu’s work, Sinta Tantra, Eko Nugroho, Entang Wiharso, and Heri Dono. Do not miss not to see the works of Rudi Mantofani, Mochtar Sarman, Eddie Hara, Eddy Susanto, Handiwirman Saputra and Syaiful Garibaldi. Wedhar Riyadi’s gigantic sculpture once displayed at Art Jog 2017 is also here.

“The nature of our museum is still private because the infrastructure is not possible to open in general. But if there are people who want to visit, can directly contact us, “said owner Tumurun Private Museum as well as Vice President Director of PT Sri Rejeki Isman Tbk (Sritex) Iwan Kurniawan Lukminto Tumurun Private Museum presence is expected to give space appreciation of fine art in the City of Bengawan.

Iwan says one rare collection in Tumurun is Affandi’s paintings obtained in the United States. Affandi’s painting was once collected by a foreign citizen who lived in Indonesia long enough. Because the owner was gone, his son who did not understand about Affandi’s work finally decided to release.

Tirtonadi Glass Bridge

Solo has a brand new Tourist Destination called The Tirtonadi Glass Bridge. Balai Besar Bengawan Solo (BBWS) and Surakarta’s Government developed the glass bridge at the north ofTirtonadi bus station.
Aside from walking on the bridge, the tourists can also learn about the historical water irrigation and river which can be read in the knowledge boardcalled Papan Kawruh Tirta near the Tirtonadi bus station. Tirtonadi’s dam area also become an inexpensive and beautiful public space. Now Tirtonadi dam area is crowded with locals and tourists from other cities.

Loji Gandrung, Indies-Style Mayor’s Home Office

Loji Gandrung has a building area of 3,500 square meters which stands on an area of 6,295 square meters. The Solo Mayor’s Office has an Indis architectural style, which is a combination of European (Dutch) culture with local (Javanese) culture. The building was originally a dwelling owned by Johannes Augustinus Dezentje (1797-1839) which was built in 1830.

The word gandrungan comes from the Javanese language which has the basic word gandrung which means to like or to be crazy about romance. Gradually Tinus’s big house was known as Loji Gandrung. The word loji itself means a large, nice and walled house. Originally from Dutch, loge. But after being said by the Javanese to be a loji.

After Tinus’s death, the Loji Gandrung building was inhabited by Tinus’s descendants from his first wife, Johanna Dorothea Boode. At the time of the Japanese occupation of Solo, the Loji Gandrung building had become the headquarters for the leadership of the Japanese army in charge of the Surakarta Area. Loji Gandrung was also used by General Gatot Subroto to formulate a military strategy against military aggression by the Dutch and the Allies.

This makes the Statue of Gatot Subroto built in front of Loji Gandrung. In addition, Loji Gandrung was also used as a place to interrogate political prisoners.

Loji Gandrung has a long and wide terrace. The large doors and shutters are typical of Dutch buildings. In the living room, some antique chairs arranged and there are two large photos of First President of the Republic of Indonesia, Ir Soekarno, hanging in the wall.

The right of the living room functioned as a mayor’s meeting room. While on the left, two rooms lined up. The room closest to the outside is a room that is often used by President Soekarno when visiting Solo. While the second room is for the Mayor’s to rest. Meanwhile, Loji Gandrung’s back porch was used as the mayor’s office. The very back is a pavilion for the meeting place. On the right and left the side of the pavilion there is a ward where the household staff and the Satpol PP guard officers rest.

Laweyan Batik Village

Laweyan becomes one of center of oldest and famous batik in Solo after Kauman Batik Village. Laweyan Batik Village has area about 24.83 are and population about 2.500 people who most of them become buyer or maker of batik.

Laweyan Batik Village has became icon batik in Solo since 19th century when the firs Islamic Trade Association (Sarikat Dagang Islam) was established by Haji Samanhudi in 1912. Now, Laweyan has 250 motif of batik which already patented. Different from Kauman’s batik has dark colour dan classic motif, Laweyan’s batik offers lighter colour batik.

Beside having history as the oldest batik village, architectur of building be special attraction for tourists. Buildings in Laweyan Batik Village are influenced by Javanese, Europe, China and Islam architectur which represents  the wealth of batik merchants in earlier time. High walls and narrow alleys is distinctive character in Laweyan Batik Village.

Traveling to Laweyan Batik Village is not complete if you can’t enjoy culinary of the village such as ledre, apem and the other Solo typical foods. You also enjoy relax time at Wedangan Rumah Nenek in area of Laweyan Batik Village. The building is unique, combination Javanese and Dutch architecture. Wedangan Rumah Nenek opens everyday from 10 am until 12 am.

Radya Pustaka Museum


Surakarta Radya Pustaka museum is the oldest museum in Indonesia, This museum has various histories which can improve our knowledge. Besides, we also can walk around there to relax. Radya Pustaka museum was built in Pakubowono IX government era which governed by Kanjeng Raden Adipati Sosrodiningrat IV in October 28th, 1890. Then, this museum was moved to Radya Pustaka Museum Building where located in Slamet Riyadi street, Surakarta, in January 1st, 1913. At that time, the building was owned by a Dutchmen, named Johannes Busselar. This museum collections are statues, traditional clothes, leather puppet, old photos and books, gamelan, and other ancient artifacts.

Mangkunegaran Palace

The name of Pura came from Javanese language which means palace. Mangkunegaran Palace becomes the center of culture and art in Solo City. There are many valueable collections and it’s believed to come from Majapahit and Mataram Palace.

Pura Mangkunegaran was built in 1757 through a long history. After the death of Amangkurat IV, the King of Mataram Palace, the palace’s always intervened by the Dutch colonialist and then succeeded putting Adipati Anom (PB II) as an heir of the palace. Even though, Prince Arya Mangkunegaran, an legitimate heir, against the Dutch colonialist so that led to war. Then Raden Mas Said, son of Arya Mangkunegaran, took the fight to against the Dutch colonialist and finally through Giyanti Agreement, Raden Mas Said became the king of Pura Mangkunegaran (Mangkunegaran I) and inherited north region of Solo, based in Pura Mangkunegaran.

During visiting to Pura Mangkunegaran, you will be accompanied by a tour guide. When entering Pura Mangkunegaran area, you will see the wide yard and find Europe style building, Kavalerie-Artillerie which became front of Mangkunegaran’s cavalry. When you inside the gate, you also will see pavilion which represents Europe-Javaness architecture. The pavilion is always used for clasic dance and puppet performances accompanied by Kyai Kanyut Mesem (traditonal instruments-gamelab). After passing through pavilion, you will see Pringgitan where the Palace family live and Rekso Pustoko which there are many collections such as masks, traditional trains and the other collections.