The Department of Labor and Industry has the main task of carrying out government affairs in the fields of labor and industry based on the expectation of regional autonomy and co-administration tasks. To carry out the main tasks as intended, the Manpower and Industry Service has the following functions:
- Organizing secretarial services;
- Preparation of program plans, controls, evaluations and reporting;
- Organizing the development of industrial commodities;
Organizing improvements, productivity, certification and industrial innovation;
- Organizing placements, trainers for labor and transmigration;
- Organizing industrial relations, employee welfare and social security;
- Organizing socialization;
- Establishment of functional positions; and
- Management of UPT;
THE REQUIREMENT OF THE COMMUNITY WELFARE OF THE SURAKARTA AREA AND INDEPENDENT THROUGH DEVELOPMENT OF EMPLOYMENT AND IKM IN THE TECHNOLOGY AND CULTURE
- Realizing superior IKM commodities.
- Realizing IKM commodity competitiveness through high productivity, certification and innovation.
- Realizing competent human resources, opening access to employment opportunities and facilitating the placement of transmigration, so that the workforce is more productive.
- Realizing harmonious Industrial Relations, improving Work Welfare and Better Social Security of Workers.