Cultural Department of Surakarta
The Office of Culture has the main task of organizing government affairs in the field of culture based on the principles of regional autonomy and co-administration tasks.
Realizing the City of Surakarta as the center of pelstarian and development of Javanese culture towards a society that is cultured and prosperous;
- Strengthening historical values through the preservation and management of cultural heritage;
- Increasing appreciation of art, creativity of cultural works and traditions and developed by society from generation to generation;
- Preserving cultural values and wealth to strengthen identity and pride in Javanese culture;
- The management of culture is oriented towards increasing and contributing to the development of the creative economy;
- Optimizing the continuity between cultural preservation and economic value added creation;
- Creating innovation and creativity and cultural values in the direction of the creation of a sustainable field and prosperity;
- Improve the quality of cultural events for tourist attractions.
Surakarta Radya Pustaka museum is the oldest museum in Indonesia, This museum has various histories which can improve our knowledge. Besides, we also can walk around there to relax. Radya Pustaka museum was built in Pakubowono IX government era which governed by Kanjeng Raden Adipati Sosrodiningrat IV in October 28th, 1890. Then, this museum was moved to Radya Pustaka Museum Building where located in Slamet Riyadi street, Surakarta, in January 1st, 1913. At that time, the building was owned by a Dutchmen, named Johannes Busselar. This museum collections are statues, traditional clothes, leather puppet, old photos and books, gamelan, and other ancient artifacts.
Thousands of keris fill four-story buildings on Jl. Bhayangkara No, 2, Sriwedari, Solo. Thousands of keris that displayed is a collection of Keris Nusantara Museum which inaugurated the President of Indonesia, Joko Widodo (Jokowi). Moving into the room on the first floor of the museum, visitors can fill the guest list as an administration. In addition, there is also information boards of weapons distribution in the world. Climb to the second floor named purwaning wacana, this place is the source of literacy about keris. A number of keris grants are displayed side by side with information about keris existence in the community and understanding the keris anatomy.
Wayang Orang Sriwedari (Sriwedari Puppet People) is one of the works of art that is still sustainable in Surakarta, for artists and artists every night still playing the Mahabarata and Ramayana stories. The Wayang Building is very crowded on weekends, Saturday and National holidays or red dates. For the price of the ticket is very affordable, also available offered by the theater. Only reached Rp 10,000, – I was able to get a VIP seat. Ticket prices start from Rp. 5,000, – for Balcony and Regular while Regular is in the middle of Rp. 7,500, – and Rp. 10,000, – for VIPs.
The Gumbregah Youth Artists Community is the overall winner of the 2017 Ketoprak Festival that held by Cultural Departmnet of Surakarta. The Ketoprak Festival is lasts for two days, from 7 to 8 July 2017 at the Balekambang Arts Building. The jury is St Wiyono, Hanindawan and Bondan Nusantara revealed that Gumbregah Youth Artist Community is the overall winner because they have received many awards, which is the winner of the best artistic, the best male actors, the best presenters and the favorite choice of the audience.